Saturday, November 3, 2012

Carisa and Richard: Wedding Planning 101

This is a new blog series about Carisa and Richard's wedding planning process up until their wedding on August 31, 2013. In addition to sharing with readers their love story and wedding planning adventures, insights and tips for brides and groom's planning their own wedding will also be shared!

The Love Story
Carisa and Richard met two years ago through some friends at the Calgary Stampede. Carisa came to Calgary from Ontario to work. Richard also came to Calgary from Ontario to work. (Notice how I wrote that?! I know Ontario is huge but what are the odds that they both came and met in Alberta?) After getting to know each other, dating, and traveling, they bought a house in preparation to start their lives together. The day they took possession of their home, Richard proposed to Carisa. Richard had planned that day for over two months! Of course, Carisa said yes!

Starting to Plan
After being blissfully engaged for a month and a half, Carisa and Richard contacted me to be their wedding planner. They were referred to me through their photographer. During our first meeting, we talked a little bit about their wedding vision, what is important to them on their wedding day, and what ideas they would like to see for their wedding. This meeting was more to get to know each other. As a wedding planner, it is really important for me to be a good listener. I am not here to bombard my clients with information, ideas, and my vision. I am here to assist them with bringing their wedding to life. (For couples planning their wedding, here is some information on who's who in the wedding industry.)

Carisa and Richard told me that they have a lot of family back in Toronto and China. Their bridesmaids and groomsmen are also from out of town. I told them that in addition to being their wedding planner, I am willing to being one of the guys (hing dai) and one of the girls (tse mui.) The most important thing for them (other than getting married to each other) is for their guests to mingle with each other and have a great time. (Aren't they lovely people?) Creating a great atmosphere will be my priority. I can't wait!

~Monica
Owner and Lead Designer @Wishahmon



Photo Credit: Fritzology

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...