Friday, November 9, 2012

JDRF Hope Gala

Hope Gala – Sky’s the Limit was held last weekend at the Calgary Golf and Country Club. This is an annual fundraiser for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). I was asked to be a committee member at this gala after a JDRF representative attended the Rays of Hope fundraiser I organized the year before. For ten months I worked with a bunch of wonderful ladies (and a gentleman towards the end) on planning a great event. I had a great time and learned lots. Thank you so much ladies: Susan L, Susan S, Susan G, Beth T, Branca P, Kathleen C, Tammy S, Chelsie O, and Myles R!

My main contribution to the committee was to work with the Decor Chair to design the event. We made recommendations to change out the existing chairs to gold chaivari chairs, have ivory table linens, gold swirl organza table overlays, and maroon colored napkins. We also added white uplights to brighten the dining room and to add some ambiance. Special thanks to Special Event Rentals, Milan Weddings, and Dance!Shout! Productions for their assistance and support.  

This gala included a dinner, silent auction, live auction, raffle draw, and live band. In addition, there was program called “fund a cure” where attendees would raise their hands to make large monetary donations. To show our appreciation, the donating attendee would be given a really cute teddy bear named Huggies. The energy of the volunteers, JRDF staff members, and the attendees were amazing. It was a truly wonderful night that I will remember for a really long time. (I have a great memory too!) 

As of right now, I don’t know the exact amount of money that was raised that night. The last I heard we were over $400,000! I will repost when I know more! 

To show my support even more, I am turning to you readers for support! For every like on the Wishahmon facebook page, 25 cents will be donated to JDRF! Every little bit counts and goes towards finding a cure for type 1 diabetes!

~Monica
Owner and Lead Designer @Wishahmon

Silent Auction Areas
 
  
 Live Auction Area
 

Dining Room
 
 
"Huggies" Waiting to Go to a Good Home! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...